LOCATION: Essex, CT
About Independence Solar:
Independence Solar handles all aspects of turnkey commercial solar projects – from feasibility, permitting, financing and construction, to ongoing maintenance and operations. We aim to ‘wow’ our clients with our high-quality solar installations – first, with a positive experience during construction and then, by maximizing the return on their solar investments. Our growing team operates with an entrepreneurial “take ownership” attitude, driven by a mission to deliver clean energy solutions that provide a strong financial return for our clients. Since 2007, the Independence Solar team has developed and constructed over $200 million of solar projects utilizing advanced technology, installation practices, and ongoing operational support that ensures the long-term reliability of our customers’ systems. Independence Solar offers a competitive salary/benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a candidate with commercial solar PV or commercial electrical or general commercial GC construction experience to “own” the responsibility to manage and execute 1) successful new solar construction and b) ongoing, long-term maintenance. This candidate will be involved in multiple roles within the construction process, including project management, procurement, permitting, utility interconnection, subcontractor management, and supervision of Independence Solar’s team of field technicians. Additionally, this candidate will take ownership for the management of the Operations and Maintenance services (“O&M”) component of the company while helping to develop our internal processes
- Design: Manage the entire system design process, including initial site evaluations and working closely with third party engineers to develop high quality, comprehensive construction plan sets.
- Interconnection: Responsibility for utility interconnection process, including submitting applications, guiding application through the approval process, scheduling outages, and completion paperwork.
- Permits: Responsibility for local approvals – including zoning, permitting, fire department, and other local authorities
- Procurement: Handle procurement for major system components (panels, inverters, racking, switchgear), including technology evaluation, bidding, vendor selection, purchase orders, and logistics.
- Subcontractors: Manage electrical installation subcontractors, including bidding, contractor selection, contract negotiations, scheduling, and execution.
- Schedule: Oversee and track project schedule, including coordinating with customer, subcontractors, vendors, utility, and AHJs.
- Management: Manage Independence Solar’s on-site quality assurance technicians; provide them with goals, responsibilities, and deliverables.
- O&M: Responsibility for managing Independence Solar’s emerging O&M service offerings: scheduling Independence Solar technicians and subcontractors that perform the work while coordinating our remote monitoring and performance reporting.
- Other: Take on additional roles as necessary to support the growth and ongoing evolution of our business.
- Experience with communications networks and electrical power systems
- Strategic thinker with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize as necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage, coordinate, and align team members; to lead by example, and get the most from colleagues ¾ Extremely detail-oriented and well organized
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated personality
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and deliver on schedule
Apply For This Role: