LOCATION: Travel throughout Southern New England (CT, MA, RI)
About Independence Solar
Independence Solar is a turnkey installer of commercial solar energy. Since 2007, the team has developed and built over $200 million of solar projects, including one of the top five largest rooftop solar arrays (10 MW) in North America.
Independence Solar handles all aspects of a commercial solar energy installation – from feasibility, permitting, financing and construction, to ongoing maintenance and operations. We differ from most solar installers in that we ‘wow’ our clients. First, we engineer the highest quality and safest solar designs onto our customers’ sites. Next, we actively manage the construction process so that our customers actually have a positive experience with construction. Finally, we provide ongoing operations and maintenance in order to maximize our customers’ return on their solar investments.
Our growing team operates with an entrepreneurial “take ownership” attitude, driven by a mission to deliver clean energy solutions for our clients and a healthier planet for everyone. Independence Solar offers a competitive salary/benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Solar Maintenance Specialist with commercial solar PV experience – both rooftop and ground mount. The Solar Maintenance Specialist will maintain our portfolio of commercial solar installations to ensure that they operate at optimum performance. The work will include responding to service calls and O&M – diagnosing issues in the field, taking corrective actions on equipment and conducting annual preventative maintenance inspections.
- Has solar electrical power systems experience – min. 5 years
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to the highest quality and safety standards
- Can perform replacement/installation of hardware/racking, PV modules, inverters, monitoring equipment and any other component within the solar site
- Has ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations
- Has knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and solar system components (e.g. central and string inverters, transformers, combiner and re-combiner boxes, switchgear, PV modules, data monitoring systems etc.
- Has knowledge of and ability to perform IV Curve tracing, determine if an issue exists and repair
- Has direct experience with Solar Edge, SMA, central inverters (Also Energy/PowerTrack is a plus)
- Has experience and proficiency with communications networking for monitoring systems (Modbus, Ethernet, basic networking setup and troubleshooting)
- Able to adapt to new situations, pitch in where needed, and works well with minimal supervision
- Can compile detailed inspection reports and communicate findings/recommendations succinctly to other team members
- Has an excellent work ethic, good communication and documenting skills
- Is willing to travel to project sites throughout southern New England (CT, MA, RI). Occasional travel to NY/NJ.
- Works well in a lean, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in outdoors all seasons
- High comfort-level with technology and face-to-face interactions
- Procore experience a plus!
Apply For This Role: